Monday, February 9, 2015

Valentine Chocolate Toffee Crackers



I can't believe Valentine's Day is this Saturday! This year is flying by already. If you're looking for a quick and easy treat to make for the ones you love, or to share with co-workers and friends, this recipe for Chocolate Toffee Crackers is perfect. I have shared this one before for Halloween and wanted to show you how versatile it is for any occasion, just by switching up the sprinkles. How cute are these heart and ball sprinkles I used for Valentine's Day?

I recently made a batch of these for the Super Bowl and the entire plate was consumed in under 20 minutes. They only take about 30 minutes to make and truly are like candy on crack.

Now that we've gotten the chocolate part of the holiday covered, let's talk love. My Mom and her friend Bonnie have been delivering Valentine cards to the elderly couples in the senior community by our old neighborhood, for the past 11 years. Last year was the first time I got to go with them and participate. It was so much fun to hear about all of the stories that have taken place over the years and to see how much this kind gesture of love means to the residents. I'm looking forward to joining them again this Saturday for the twelfth year running. I'll be sure to take pictures and update this post accordingly.

What fun Valentine's Day traditions do you have? Leave a comment below with your favorite Valentine candy and tell me your favorite way to celebrate. My favorite treat are my Mom's famous sugar cookies. I'm looking forward to breaking my meal plan to enjoy a few this weekend.  I'd love to hear your stories, memories and traditions. Here's wishing you lots of love and reasons to smile.  XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment