
We both decided to break out her Fine China and silver for the occasion. This is a suggestion I would recommend for everyone keeping theirs locked up in a dusty cabinet. These treasures should be given life and used! It's ok to be selective, but realize that they are made to be eaten on and your guests will feel extra special that you trust them with your family heirlooms. It is a tea party after all, bring out the China!
Mom ordered scone mixes in a variety of flavors from King Arthur Flour and baked up a storm that morning. They turned out amazing! She served them with flavored jams and marmalades, and I picked up a jar of clotted cream to give the tea an authentic English touch. As this was my first time ever trying clotted cream, I did a little research before and found out that depending on where you live, there are strict rules on the order that the cream is applied to the scone. This article from The Guardian gives insight to the clotted cream and tea feud between Devon and Cornwall on the issue, I found it an interesting read.
It took some searching, but I was lucky enough to find some at my favorite gourmet shop, Pirate O's. If you don't live in Utah, you're still in luck and can order from them online! Check them out. They have yet to let me down on an ingredient or rare find and have the largest variety of selections that I've ever seen. From oils to spices to a wall of chocolate bars, they have it all!
The cute couple, Bryce & Claire who are getting married this Saturday! So excited for them!
The punch is a combination of limeade and Sprite with fresh lime and cucumber slices. You could also use Ginger Ale as a festive option for the holidays.
Look how beautiful the scones turned out! My Mom sprinkled sanding sugar over the top to add a little sparkle and sweetness.
I conjured up my inner Audrey for this Breakfast At Tiffany's look. I was lucky enough to find this Ted Baker dress a few days before and thought I would arrive to the shower in my London best.
Bryce, my Mom Dianne and yours truly.
This was my plate before I garnished the scones with jam and cream in the Devon fashion. Sorry Cornwall! I think the assembly holds up better for eating with jam first, then a large dollop of cream.
*Hibiscus flower and Mango herbal tea
I hope this post inspires you to plan a tea party for your next book club gathering, or just as a way to get your girlfriends together to reconnect and converse. You could turn this into a full luncheon with tea sandwiches and a light soup as well.
*I shot at night in poor lighting, but still wanted to share how cute everything turned out. Here's the jams and clotted cream.
I really enjoyed seeing my family and welcoming Claire into ours. We don't get together as often as we used to, but always enjoy catching up when we do. I've always been especially close to Bryce. He's the oldest male cousin and has always been a great influence on me growing up. Our Dad's were thick as thieves as the two oldest boys out of 8 kids. They were full of mischief as little boys usually are. It amazes me that my grandparents decided to have 6 more, knowing they might duplicate Mark (Bryce) and Steve (me)! But I'm glad that they did! Mark passed away in 1984, but I know he is a proud papa of his son and will be there with them on Saturday. I'll be sure to update this post with a few wedding photos to share.










No comments:
Post a Comment