Did you know that there was a Katy Perry concert yesterday? Oh and some football.. Haha kidding...I do enjoy football, I was just neutral on both teams and more interested in socializing and enjoying some good food.
I don't know about you, but I couldn't resist cheating on my diet with the amazing Super Bowl spread we had laid out. I took a big batch of my Tangy Guacamole to share and munched on some much needed junk food while pretending to watch the game. The girls and I had fun catching up and chatting until the halftime show. Then came the real entertainment in the form of Katy Perry, Lenny Kravitz and Missy Elliott. I loved the half time show and thought Missy Killed it! It was good to see her back in action.
And congrats to the Patriots and this cute family celebrating Tom's 4th Super Bowl win:
Now that the game is over, it's time to get back on track and keep up the clean eating. I prepped the ingredients for this meal in the crock pot and placed it in the fridge until morning. Now all I have to do in the morning is take it out and turn the crock pot on low. There's nothing better than coming home from work, opening the door and smelling dinner slowly simmering in the other room. I'll make some rice and a veggie side to finish off the meal. Then it will be time to enjoy the comforting creamy and silky texture of the chicken swimming in gravy, knowing it's good for you too.
Country Slow Cooker Chicken and Gravy
1 pound of boneless, skinless organic chicken breasts
1 container of Organic Cream of Chicken Condensed Soup
1 packet of Organic Gravy Mix Chicken
1 cup water
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon dried sage
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 cup fat free organic milk
Minced Italian parsley for garnish if desired
Steamed brown rice for serving
Directions:
1.
Thoroughly mix together chicken gravy mix, onion powder, dried
sage, Cream of Chicken Soup, chicken broth, water and cornstarch in the
crock-pot with a whisk.
2.
Add the chicken breasts to the crock-pot.
3.
Cover with the lid and cook on low for 5 hours.
4.
Remove the beasts, place on a cutting board and shred the chicken with a fork into
bite-sized pieces.
5.
Add the milk slowly until the desired creaminess consistency of
the gravy is met.
6.
Place the shredded chicken back into the crock-pot and stir well
to combine.
7.
Serve over whole grain brown rice, noodles or mashed potatoes
with a vegetable on the side.

No comments:
Post a Comment