Happy December everyone! I don't know about you, but this year has flown by for me. Here we are right in the middle of the holiday season and Christmas is just 24 days away! I have some really fun and exciting recipes planned to share with you this month. Some of my family favorites we make year after year. Stay tuned for some sweets, a little savory and a few spicy bites coming your way. Comment below with any requests you have. I'd love to accommodate with a recipe.
I still feel completely stuffed from all the food I consumed over the weekend. I was ready to get back to egg whites and turkey sausage this morning for a little break between holiday feasts. These roasted root veggies are quite healthy, not to mention the nutrition packed into these earth grown powerhouses. If you've wandered through the grocery store and been weary of purchasing those strange looking white carrots (parsnips) or giant purple radish-looking monsters (rutabagas), have no fear, this recipe will have you craving them each winter.
This recipe is perfect for a lighter fare during this season of buttered, creamed and salted everything. Serve them alongside your turkey, roast chicken or ham. Try something new and colorful with a satisfying sweet crunch. You'll love them, I promise.
Rosemary Roasted Root Vegetables
Ingredients:3 lbs of mixed root vegetables (carrots, turnips, parsnips, sweet potatoes, etc.), peeled and chopped into 1" cubes, or uniformly sized for even cooking.
1 medium red onion, cut into thin slices
1/4 C. pure maple syrup
4-5 fresh rosemary sprigs, leaves removed and minced
3 T. apple cider vinegar
2 T. olive oil
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. Herbs de Provence
1/4 tsp. sea salt
Directions:
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Spray a large roasting pan with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
Whisk the maple syrup, cider vinegar and olive oil together in a large bowl.
Toss in the root vegetables, onion, rosemary, salt, pepper and Herbs de Provence, thoroughly toss to coat.
Evenly spread the mixture into the roasting pan. Roast for 30-40 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes until vegetables are fork tender, yet still slightly firm. Garnish with a fresh pinch of chopped rosemary just before serving.

No comments:
Post a Comment