Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Candy Corn Pretzel Melts




Fall is such an amazing time of year! The leaves are changing, the air is cool and crisp, pumpkins are on a rampage to take over the world.. pumpkin spice... everything! Not that I'm complaining, I love the flavor of pumpkin spice and look forward each year to seeing all of the new creative ways it's incorporated into food. Pumpkin Spice Oreos are a game changer. 




As are Hershey's Pumpkin Spice Kisses, and I showcase them in today's recipe for Candy Corn Pretzel Melts. I got the idea to make these adorable candies for Halloween from Sallys Baking Addiction on Pinterest and decided to play around with a few seasonal flavors and colors of candy corn and chocolate.



I used three flavors of candy corn; S'mores, Caramel Apple and Pumpkin Spice. I also used two flavors of Hershey's kisses; Hugs and Pumpkin Spice. Mix and match to your liking. As for the pretzels, I used butter pretzel snaps for their flavor and the square shape works as a perfect platform to place the chocolate kisses snuggly in the middle.



This little man is my nephew McCoy. He sat and tugged at my leg the entire time I made these candies and waited for his turn to taste them. With a face this cute, how could I resist?


After all the photos were taken, I had had my fill of chocolate for the day and let this cutie go to town! I'm sure my sister was thrilled to take home a baby who was just given a sugar rush before bed, but that's what aunts are for! :) McCoy approves and recommends you try these ones out on your little ones at home. Enjoy!


Candy Corn Pretzel Melts

Ingredients:

Candy corn
Pretzel squares or circles
Hershey's Kisses or Hugs

Directions:

1.Preheat oven to 250°

2.Line a cookie sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.

3.Place pretzels on the sheet in a uniform grid, taking care to leave room between to ensure they don't touch and melt together.

4. Unwrap the Kisses and center on each square. Place in the oven for 4-5 minutes, until the tips of the kisses curl and the chocolate is softened. Don't over melt as the chocolate will spread out too far on the pretzel and run down the sides when you place the candy corn on top.

5. Open the candy corn packages and place on the counter or in a bowl for easy access. You'll need to move quickly once the chocolate is melted.

6.Remove the melts from the oven, carefully push each candy corn into the center of each kiss as shown. 

7.Place the sheet pan in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to cool and set the chocolate. Remove from the fridge, they are ready to eat!

Play with multiple flavor combinations. This recipe works for a variety of candies and holidays. I'm going to whip up a batch for Christmas with mint and peppermint Kisses and the Christmas M&M's. This would also be a fun after dinner snack for Thanksgiving.


No comments:

Post a Comment