Monday, January 19, 2015

Amazing Avocado Toast




Let me start out by saying that editing these photos without having a slice of avocado toast to munch on while I type, is the worst form of torture. My mouth is salivating at the memory of my breakfast yesterday, it was THAT good. We all know that avocado can be smashed on toast and it's a thing. Last year shots of "Avo-toast" were voted as the most annoying food picture on Instagram. So as to not beat a dead horse, I'll keep it simple. I want to share my favorite version of this delicious treat with you and hopefully you'll enjoy each buttery and crunchy bite as much as I do.


When I make this version at home, I like to use flavored olive oils. Lemon, jalapeño or garlic flavored oils add intense flavor packed in a small drizzle of oil. Play around with different cheese varieties as well; fresh mozzarella, asiago or crumbled gorgonzola are great options. Use any fresh herbs you have on hand. I just happen to love basil on this version the most.




Amazing Avocado Toast


Ingredients:


1 slice of whole grain bread, toasted

1/2 an avocado, mashed
4-5 Roma tomato slices
1 tablespoon olive oil
lemon juice
2-3 torn basil leaves
freshly cracked pepper
sea salt
Parmesan cheese

Directions:

Spread the avocado flesh evenly over the toast.

Top with tomato slices and basil.
Drizzle olive oil and lemon juice over the top.
Finish with pepper, salt and cheese to taste.

*Skip the cheese to make this recipe Vegan

No comments:

Post a Comment