The longer I go in-between cheat meals, the more creative I become with my snacks. I guess you could call it "Inspiration through deprivation". So as you can imagine from how fancy these cute Cucumber Tea Crackers look, I am in a serious need of pizza or a frozen Snickers bar! Or Doritos or an asiago bagel... .. .
Ok enough with cravings... This appetizer came together for me while searching in the fridge for something a little salty and crunchy. The added garnish of chive acts like a pair of drop earrings to jazz these babies up for a dinner party or luncheon. But don't think they are for a special occasion only, they can just as easily be an afternoon snack at the office by simply dicing the toppings up and sprinkling over the hummus. Most of these items are usually in your fridge already. Once you get the crackers in your pantry, you are good to go!
Did I mention they taste as good as they look?! The perfect blend of crisp, sweet, salty and creamy. Try some out for yourself!
Cucumber Tea Crackers
Ingredients:
1 package of Rosemary Rice Crackers
1 container of Roasted Garlic Hummus
1 medium cucumber
1 red bell pepper
Chives for garnish
Directions:
1. Clean and slice the cucumber into 1/2" slices.
2. Scrape the hummus into a pastry bag with a large star tip on the end.
3.Align the crackers onto your serving platter and top each with a cucumber slice.
4. Slice the bell pepper into thin strips, then halving the strips on the diagonal.
5. Slice chive strands into 1/3's for garnishment.
Assembly:
Pipe hummus into the center of each cucumber slice. You can use a spoon to apply, but piping will give better presentation.Top with two bell pepper slices in a standing X. Lay a slice of chive across the top as shown and serve.
*Gluten free and also vegan.


No comments:
Post a Comment