Celebrate the Pantone Color of the. Year 2014!
Orchids are one of my favorite flowers. They're tropical, exotic and so delicate and beautiful. The very first orchid I ever owned was in this same beautiful shade of soft violet, so I was excited to see Pantone issue this shade as the color of the year for 2014. I have found some images below giving examples of fun ways to incorporate this shade into your wardrobe, home decor and lifestyle.
I love the idea of this sassy pop of color on my lips. It's a great shade to add some elegance and a bold statement. It also makes my blue-green eyes pop.
How stunning is this bouquet? The bright contrast against the white gown is absolutely gorgeous!
I think accessory items are a great option to incorporate such a bold color in your home. I love the idea of little pops here and there to get a feel of the color and create a soothing mood. The example below is fun, but I think just a few pieces would be easier to handle over time, rather than so much that it becomes overwhelming.

I am addicted to nail polish. Your nails are the easiest way to add a statement and to "polish" off your look. Well manicured nails scream sophistication, style and portray a woman as looking put together and organized. Your hands are used as a form of communication and expression. You can say so much about yourself and personality with your manicure.
The idea of combining a delicate fabric with a bold shade and the edgy look of black leather is so chic. Another great option would be a bright top, such as a silk blouse and leather pants. Top it off with nude heels or choose a little flirt and go with leopard.

Incorporate this shade with subtle accessories like buttons or go bold with an organza gown in bright, radiant orchid.

Incorporate this shade with subtle accessories like buttons or go bold with an organza gown in bright, radiant orchid.






No comments:
Post a Comment